Scoring of Movies
This isn't hard and fast, but for the sake of argument assume the following:
Movies gain for...
- 1 point for being able to sit through the entire movie.
- 1 point for not wanting to stop the movie in the the middle just because I have something else to do.
- 1 point for changing my schedule to arrange to watch the movie
- 1 point for technical expertise (that is, no microphones in view, special effects, if any, are handled in such a way as to not appear fake, etc.).
- 1 point for a story line that, for the most part, makes sense.
- 1 point for a story line that engages the viewer (me!).
- 1 point for originality in the story line.
- 1 point for acting.
- 1 point for making me want to watch the movie again.
- 1 point for humor
Movies lose points for...
- Gratuitous sex scenes that do not advance the plot.
- Gratuitous violence scenes that do not advance the plot.
- Obviously shoddy work, especially if the movie attempts to cover it over with something worse.